Gamerscoreblog has announced that there is a new patch for Jetpac Refuelled. This isn't your standard patch as you apparently have to go through a little bit of leg work to get it to work...
The Rare team just sent over word that they've sent out an update to Jetpac Refuelled. Here's the deal. While playing in single player mode, there's a stage that awards you with a free dashboard theme. Some of you pointed out that the theme wasn't downloading correctly. The issue has now been rectified and an update posted to Xbox Live. There is a glitch that you should know about. In order for the update to install correctly you must delete the existing game (package) from your console and follow the instructions below. Don't delete your game save. Please note: Deleting and then re-downloading the package will NOT affect your saved game or Leaderboard status, or cost you any additional Microsoft Points. In addition, you WILL NOT be charged for this download. Instructions:
- Navigate to the 'System' blade in the 360 dashboard
- Select the 'Memory' menu option
- Select the storage device on which 'Jetpac Refuelled' is saved
- Select the 'Games' menu option
- Navigate to the 'Jetpac' entry in the menu and select it
- When you select the 'Jetpac' entry, highlight 'Jetpac Xbox Live Arcade Game'
- Select and confirm the 'Delete' option
- FINAL STEP: Re-download from the Arcade downloads section of the dashboard to obtain the updated game package
Finishing a month that some have called "make-up-sex" for XBLA, Microsoft has just released Jetpac Refuelled, for 400 points. The game includes 128 High-Def levels as well as the original game in all it's Spectrum glory!
The remake of the 1983 classic tops off a month that brought us Alien Hominid, Worms HD, and Castlevainia for the best month (other than launch) to date for the service.
At 400 points is their anyone who isn't going to be picking this up?
For those of you worried by Konami's Site and the listing of Gyruss as a March release date side-tracking the best month (with the exception of launch) ever for releases, worry no more. Rare's 1983 classic Jetpac will be hitting the service at the usual time on Wednesday March 28th.
From the press release:
In Jetpac Refuelled players must clear a path through hordes of aliens to refuel their ship and amass a fortune over the course of 128 hi-definition levels, complete with achievements, leaderboards and simultaneous multiplayer action. Compared to the original Jetpac, which included 16 levels, Jetpac Refuelled provides players with everything they loved in the classic, and much more.
“Jetpac Refuelled” can be played alone, or against another player on the same console or over Xbox LIVE. The game will be available worldwide for 400 Microsoft Points and is rated “E” for Everyone.
- Includes two versions of the game
- Retro – The classic 1980s version
- Refuelled – Rare’s 2007 remake of the classic Jetpac comes complete with entirely new hi-def graphics, menacing enemies, new smartbombs that produce an electromagnetic pulse, modernized weapon upgrades and updated gameplay for modern gamers
- Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points
- Completely updated graphical look of the game gives Xbox LIVE Arcade gamers a truly hi-def and in-depth gaming experience
French website Merisoft has somehow gotten their hands on [url=http://www.meristation.com/v3/listado_imagenes.php?id=cw45dad91e70b11&idj=cw45dad91e70b11&pic=360]three blurry first ever shots of Jetpac Refuelled[/url]. The art style seems essentially how I'm guessing everyone thought it was going to look. What are your opinions of this game based off of these screenshots?
Via Gamertag Radio
It seems the [url=http://www.xblarcade.com/node/95]rumor mill[/url] was right on this one. Germany's version of the ESRB, the USK, has [url=http://www.usk.de/64_Pruefdatenbank.htm?id=64&s=search&title=Jetpac+Refuelled&publisher=&genre=Arcade&system=Microsoft+XBOX+360&freigabe=0&s.x=54&s.y=11]rated Jetpac Refuelled for release on Xbox Live Arcade[/url]. The original Jetpac was a 2D shoot 'em up released back in 1983, although it graced the video game scene not long ago as an unlockable in the Donkey Kong 64 and as a start up screen on Perfect Dark Zero. The objective of the original Jetpac was simple just refuel your rocket and avoid man hungry aliens. Expect online leaderboards, enhanced graphics, and a low price point for this retro remake. It seems like Rare has fully embraced XBLA development with the good news the other day of a [url=http://xblarcade.com/node/371]new Xbox Live Arcade IP from Rare[/url] and now this.
Thanks goes out to qwerty for informing us of this breaking news.